Cripplegate Foundation is launching a new fund for organisations in Islington led by, and supporting, people from marginalised groups. We have a total of £275,000 to distribute and are particularly interested in funding smaller organisations.
Please take a look at the eligibility criteria and application guidance below. If you need help accessing this application opportunity, please get in touch with us at Cripplegate Foundation: email@example.com, 020 7288 6944.
At Cripplegate Foundation, we recognise that communities usually have the best answers to their challenges but often not the money to achieve the outcomes they would like. We want to help with resources by investing in organisations that have an impact within their own communities. This funding is part of Cripplegate Foundation’s overall approach to considering how we give away money and to whom.
We are particularly interested in hearing from your organisation if:
- You have never received a grant from Cripplegate or Islington Giving.
- You have only received small grants – £5,000 or less a year - from either fund. This includes Islington Council’s Community Chest fund.
- You directly help residents to tackle poverty and inequality.
If you are already receiving a Cripplegate main grant, you are ineligible to apply in this round of funding.
- For this round of funding, by marginalised groups we mean black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, deaf and people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people.
- By “led by” we mean groups where the majority of the board and/or senior staff are people from those communities. We appreciate you may not have many senior staff so please do get in touch if you are unsure what this means.
Cripplegate can only fund organisations which support the residents of Islington and the Cripplegate Ward.
Please take a look at the guidelines. If you have any questions, or are not sure if your organisation is right for this fund, please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Please use the link below to access the online application form. When accessing for the first time remember to set up a username and password which will enable you to save and come back to your application at any time and reduces the risk of losing what you input:
As this is a new initiative for us, we welcome all feedback on this call, so please do get in touch using the details below. We have tried to use language that reflects current thought and opinion in terms of placing marginalised communities at the front and centre of the difference we are trying to contribute towards. We are aware that this is in constant evolution and we won’t always get it right. We welcome comments, thoughts and reflections in relation to this.
Anne Shewring: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Jones: email@example.com
Victor Momodu: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 020 7288 6944
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday, May 16th